The Benefits of Pet Sitting With Seventh Heaven
About Seventh Heaven
Seventh Heaven Pet Care Services is a small, but quickly growing company with an aggressive strategic plan for growth. Prior to the Pandemic, we had gone from starting out in 2019 to having 250 Clients. The current service area is Herndon, Sterling, Leesburg, Vienna, Oakton, Reston, Fairfax, and Great Falls. The core customers are in Reston/Herndon area and I am currently building out the expansion areas through returning customers and multiple marketing campaigns.
Why choose to work with Seventh Heaven?
- We give generous percentages 65% on all regular visits, 75% on all overnight visits, and 100% on any extra services, like supply pick up or pet transportation.
- We use a great online tool for tracking, booking, invoicing, and receiving payment which is a great benefit for you! For a quick peek at the system check out Time To Pet online. Seventh Heaven pays for your fees to use the service and believe me, customers love it!
- Seventh Heaven offers tons of online bill pay options, and pays the processing fees for you. This is a big bonus in an age where not many people are interested in writing checks or running to the bank for cash.
- Seventh Heaven does the marketing for you. No more constantly chasing clients on Nextdoor.
- Working with a group of Independent Contractors gives you flexibility. You can schedule time off and find other Pet Care Specialists to cover your visits. There is no penalty in this system, you simply let them take the visit. Easy as pie!
- Seventh Heaven encourages you to learn more and reach any goals that you might have. We provide access to experts in other fields through affiliations and strive to be experts in our field.
Benefits of Independent Contracting:
- You are in control of your schedule and who your clients are.
- You will meet all kinds of people and be able to make connections for your future goals or next step that you want to take in life.
- You can decide when you need to “put on the gas” and make extra money and when you need time off.
- You can choose the types of pets and level of demand that you can handle. For example, you may have physical limitations and can’t do long walks with strong dogs, that is okay! You can choose not to take those clients. There is typically someone who will.
- You do not have to worry about collecting fees or processing payment especially since checks and cash are not the preferred form of payment currently.
Benefits of Pet Sitting:
- If you love pets, they are great to be around. The margins are great as long as you keep your service area under control.
- You get plenty of time outdoors and are not stuck sitting behind a desk or counter.
- You become a part of the Pet Owner’s extended family, which is pretty great in and of itself.
- The appointments are generally short and you do not have to bring the pets into your home, so it is not a huge time commitment.
- You can learn so much about pets dealing with all of the different needs of animals.
Things to be mindful of before you choose Pet Sitting:
- As with any Independent Contracting, you are responsible for paying your taxes, keeping track of your expenses, and making sure you have liability insurance in case something goes wrong and you are liable. The insurance for pet sitting is not very expensive. You should have commercial car insurance if you are driving around a lot for business. Both of these expenses are tax deductible.
- You are responsible for making sure that your schedule is optimized. I am always willing to help you puzzle out a good route, but it may take time to build an optimal route, especially if you are in an area that is not densely populated with Clients.
- You are responsible for making sure that your time is accounted for. The app makes it pretty easy, but make sure all of your appointments are in the system.
- Attention to detail is a key requirement for this type of work. Paying attention to the pets, the homes, and the Client’s communications are critical to keeping your assignments. If a Client decides that you are not living up to their expectations, they will ask for another Pet Care Specialist to be assigned.
- Time management and good client relationships are the key! I will always be here to back you up, but you need to have a good handle on your time and keep lines of communication open with your clients.