Changing Services for
Your Source for Care for your Pets in Northern Virginia!
Join the Seventh Heaven Family Today!
Seventh Heaven Pet Care Services is a small Pet Sitting business that was started in June 2018. Seventh Heaven Pet Care is currently serving Reston, Herndon, Great Falls, Fairfax , Chantilly, Potomac Falls, Sterling, Ashburn, South Riding & Oakton. My name is Jenny Stevens, and I am the Owner, I have a passion for animals and for working with families as I formerly ran a Home Daycare for many years. We offer Dog Walking , Pet Sitting for all types of pets, including Birds, and Exotics.
In these changing times, it has become all the more important to have someone that you trust to care for your pets. Seventh Heaven Pet Care has developed a menu of precautions that you can choose from to make sure that you, your family, and our Pet Care Specialists are safe in this increasingly frightening time. Some of these precautions include:
- Online Initial Client Interviews and Telephone Reference Checks from current Clients of the Pet Care Specialists that you will be working with.
- Online Scheduling, Visit Monitoring, Communicatins Tools, Payment and Pet Information Updating to make sure that your Pet Care Specialists have current information.
- All Pet Care Specialists will have Gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, and their own leashes if you wish to make sure that there is minimal contact in the course of your visit.
- All Pet Care Specialists will do independent Health Checks prior to your visit and the Main Office will support sending out a substitute to make sure that your pets are well cared for and in a timely manner.
- You will have at least two-three Pet Care Specialists on your team that you have met so that you can feel secure in knowing that the person taking care of your pet is someone that you can trust.
- If, at any time, you need to change the procedures that you choose to have implemented, that will be attended to as soon as possible.
- A direct line to the Owner of the Company to discuss any concerns or additional needs.
Here is a great article on the emotional effects of Covid-19 on our pets. AKC Article: How Separation Anxiety Might Impact Your Dog When You Return to Work
One major concern is that once this crisis is over, our pets will be so accustomed to having us home all of the time that they will have separation anxiety and this got me thinking about the fact that they may also need to rebuild their relationship with their Dog Walker. Some pets will find this easier than others. It also may be the case that their preferred Dog Walker will have had to move on to another job because they had to pay the bills and we will need to introduce them to a new person. This can be an extensive process with some pets. One of the key steps in preparing your dog is to start to return to the routine that will be in place once you return to work. That may include having your Dog Walker come in for visits and walks a few times a week.
Please take some time to explore the rest of the website for interesting and timely information about pets and their care! You can also follow us on Facebook to get all of the latest information and to see some adorable pictures of pets that are sure to make you smile!
Jenny Stevens, Owner