Seventh Heaven Pet Care Services
Your Source for Care for your Pets in Northern Virginia!
Join the Seventh Heaven Family Today!
About Seventh Heaven Pet Care
Seventh Heaven Pet Care Services is a small Pet Sitting business that was started in December 2018. We are locally owned and all of our Pet Care Specialists are Background and Reference checked and all have a great love for pets! We work as a team to share information and ideas so your pets will always receive the best of care.
Seventh Heaven Pet Care is currently serving the Northern Virginia area around our home base in Reston, VA. We are looking forward to expanding to Richmond sometime next year. As we recover from the Pandemic and bring on new Pet Care Specialists, out Service Area will continue to expand. For bird clients, the service area is a bit wider since this is a premium service. There are additional charges for extended service areas but we hope to eliminate those service charges as our team expands.
Seventh Heaven Pet Care Services offers Dog Walking , Pet Sitting (in your home) for all types of pets, including Birds, and Exotics. We do not offer Boarding services as we do not have a kennel license, which is required in Fairfax County to board pets.
I am currently pursuing my Master Class Dog Trainer Certification through CATCH Canine Trainers Academy and look forward to being able to offer in home dog training in the near future!
A Little Bit About the Owner
A Little Bit About the Owner
My name is Jenny Stevens, and I am the Owner, I have a passion for animals and for working with families. Before starting Seventh Heaven Pet Care, I ran a State Licensed Home Daycare for about 10 years. When my kids were growing up and I was looking for a new challenge, I spent some time working for another local Pet Care Service to learn the ropes and formulate my plan to transition to pet care. It has been a great decision!
I personally own Sandy, a 5-year-old Wheaten Terrier who came into our lives as I was preparing to enter the pet sitting field. I recently adopted Layla, a beautiful Labrador Retriever, Pit Bull Terrier, Mountain Cur mix who will be my training puppy. I currently have three cats: Silver, our older Maine Coon, Swagsocks, our Domestic shorthair tuxedo cat, and the baby of the group, Tazmine, a sweet dilute Tortoiseshell cat. I have a Bearded Dragon who technically belongs to my partner’s son, but spends lots of time in my office, and we have a large fish tank. So much to keep me busy!
Changing Times: What Seventh Heaven Pet Care is Doing to Protect and Help You and Your Family
Changing Times: What we are Doing to Protect and Help You.
In these changing times, it has become even more important to have someone that you trust to care for your pets. Seventh Heaven Pet Care has developed a menu of precautions that you can choose from to make sure that you, your family, and our Pet Care Specialists are safe in this increasingly frightening time. Some of these precautions include:
- Online Initial Client Interviews and Telephone Reference Checks from current Clients of the Pet Care Specialists that you will be working with.
- Online Scheduling, Visit Monitoring, Communicatons Tools, Payment and Pet Information Updating to make sure that your Pet Care Specialists have current information.
- You can choose whether you want only fully vaccinated Pet Care Specialists in your home and what kinds of precautions that you would like them to take including wearing masks and more.
- All Pet Care Specialists will do independent Health Checks prior to your visit and the Main Office will support sending out a substitute to make sure that your pets are well cared for and in a timely manner.
- You will have at least two-three Pet Care Specialists on your team that you have met so that you can feel secure in knowing that the person taking care of your pet is someone that you can trust.
- If, at any time, you need to change the procedures that you choose to have implemented, that will be attended to as soon as possible.
- A direct line to the Owner of the Company to discuss any concerns or additional needs.
Here is a great article on the emotional effects of Covid-19 on our pets. AKC Article: How Separation Anxiety Might Impact Your Dog When You Return to Work
One major concern is that once this crisis is over, our pets will be so accustomed to having us home all of the time that they will have separation anxiety and this got me thinking about the fact that they may also need to rebuild their relationship with their Dog Walker. Some pets will find this easier than others. It also may be the case that their preferred Dog Walker will have had to move on to another job because they had to pay the bills and we will need to introduce them to a new person. This can be an extensive process with some pets. One of the key steps in preparing your dog is to start to return to the routine that will be in place once you return to work. That may include having your Dog Walker come in for visits and walks a few times a week.
Please take some time to explore the rest of the website for interesting and timely information about pets and their care! You can also follow us on Facebook to get all of the latest information and to see some adorable pictures of pets that are sure to make you smile!
Jenny Stevens, Owner